Subject: Re: [Leica] Potsdam/Berlin visit
From: khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:14:26 -0700

Jean Michel,

If I had the chance to visit Potsdam, I'd head straight for Sanssouci
Palace. After that it'd be Orangerie, the Marmorpalais. Bring your 21
mm.

Berlin - Brandenburger Gate, of course. Also the Funkturm.  That's all I can think of at the moment.

My last memory of Potsdam was the night of April 12, '45 when the city
was bombed and since we lived in nearby Wilhelmshorst at the time, we
were quite affected by this particular air raid. When we came out of
the shelter (our cellar) we saw the night sky lit up red from the
burning Potsdam. Potsdam has been rebuilt and all the old, classic
structures have been restored. It must be beautiful.

Regards

Kurt
- --
Kurt H. Miska