Subject: Re: [Leica] Full circle with Nikons
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:20:17 -0700

Jim Hemenway wrote:

> Mark:
>
> Have you ever used the APO-Macro 2.8/100 R lens?
>
> I switched from Nikon because of that lens and the 60mm.
>
> I don't give a Philadelphia Flying F*** for Canon or Nikon VR/AF and
> their little motors in my macro shooting, It's the GLASS!
>
> Wash out your mouth! :)
> --
><Snip>

I'll be doing the same for the same reason and pass the Lavoris!

The first glass i get with any SLR system is the macro glass in Leica's
case the 60 and 100 are at the top of the heap of being inspiring in the
R arsenal.

How AF helps me in the interim or is involved with my work I'll let you
all know in a year or so.

So both the Leica macro 60 and 100 clearly out performed the Nikon 60
and 105 micro nikkors?????

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com