Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Where to buy chemicals
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 20:16:02 -0700

Don Dory wrote:

> I believe that B&H ships those items.  Give them an email.

They won't according to statements on their website.

> Alternatively, Photographers Formulary will ship the sulfite and most
> other chemicals.

While they do sell sodium sulfite in either 1lb or 10g quantities,
their smallest paraminophenol developer kit (i.e., their version of
Agfa's Rodinal) comes in a kit that makes 500ml of stock solution that
only has a six month shelf life.  Using it at 1:100 (my normal
dilution) at 600ml for five rolls of film, I'd have to shoot 416 rolls
of film to use it up ;)

Hmm... on second thought, that's probably EXACTLY what my photography
needs!

M.