Subject: RE: [Leica] Ireland suggestions
From: Phong <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:02:11 -0400

> A fried egg is unquestionably the finest form of cooked egg. This is
> especially the case when the egg is fried in butter rather than oil and
> sandwiched between two slices of stodgy white bread. If this makes me some
> kind of dreadful prole then so be it.

Try fried eggs with a bit of scallions (1/3  teaspoon, coarsely chopped,
fried for
5 to 8 seconds before you put the egg into the frying pan), add 1/4 teaspoon
of Maggi seasoning  sauce (or a mild soy sauce) just before you take the egg
out.  Served over steamed white rice.  Of course, I usually prefer a
homemade
"nuoc mam" sauce to Maggi or soy sauce, but it takes too long to explain.

But all that takes work, so most of the time I have my sunny-side-ups with
toast and butter.

- - Phong