Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Full circle with Nikons
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:29:13 -0700

Jeff Moore wrote:

> 2003-07-09-08:19:45 Mark Rabiner:
> > Nikons are very Leicalike. (Especially the F3)
>
> But let us not forget -- Nikons' focus and aperture rings (they still
> have aperture rings, don't they?) go backwards.  That's enough: no
> Nikons for me.  That and the unpleasantly brittle-hard way I imagine
> some of the lenses render.  Canons (well, okay, no aperture rings
> anymore), Contaxes... you twist them the right way to focus.  So
> they're at least contenders as cameras to own in addition.  But never
> Nikons, sorry.
>
> --
My first Nikon lens was the 45 2.8 GN, It focused the "other" way I
found out later as it was the way i was used to.
When i finally got other  Nikon lenses they focused the wrong way. (the
right way if you were a nikon guy)
I must be ambidextrous it didn't bother me.
I have an M6 Classic and an M6 TTL. No trouble with the different
turning shutter speed dials.
Don't know why.

Stormy weather.

Mark Rabiner