Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Piezotone & bwguys
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 22:35:18 -0400

Today I was out looking at inkjet printers for b/w work scanned on a
Sprintscan 120.  Guess after reading a score of posts on this, I'll
wait until inkjet printing is more straightforward.

"Piezography" sounds more complicated than actually printing pictures
in a bathroom - at least there, I just plug in Ilford MG IV, set the
lens at f/5.6 and the density at +45 (well, this is a Durst DA900, so
it's kind of like cheating), and expose.  Four minutes later, I have
prints that last for 50 years, no surface flatness, no fading, no color
cast.  If I don't like the contrast, it takes all of ten seconds to
change the contrast filter.

It's my surmise that when you can get the Ilford paper for $30/100 in
8x10 glossy delivered, that it's actually cheaper too.  The enlarger
cost a bit less than a 2200.

Dante