Subject: [Leica] Off topic: Nikon Repair person
From: "Brian Ampolsk" <bampolsk@csc.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 13:34:40 -0400

Please excuse this off-topic post.  I really didn't know where else to post
it.

A friend of mine living in the Detroit area recently found a fifties
vintage Nikon Rangefinder that belonged to her father.  It appears to be in
nice condition... as much as I can tell from webcam.  However, she says
that the shutter needs to be replaced, and that she talked with someone in
Detroit who would do it for $50.  First of all, repaired maybe, but
replaced?  Second, $50???  Anyway, I told her I would try to find the name
of a reliable Nikon repair person, someone who has worked on the
Rangefinders.  So, can anyone recommend a reliable Nikon repairperson,
preferably in Detroit or somewhere in the upper midwest.

Thanks, and thanks for your forbearance.

brian

Brian Ampolsk
Computer Sciences Corporation
Unix System Engineering
500 Creek View Road
Newark, DE 19711

Office    302.391.8471    Mobile   302.559.0990
Fax        302.391.8402

for such purpose.

Replies: Reply from "William Bresler" <wbresler@twmi.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Off topic: Nikon Repair person)