Subject: Re: [Leica] New Holy War--Film Scanners
From: "David M. dorn" <dmdorn_ct_usa@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 09:05:27 -0400

Nelson,

I would definitely go with the EPSON 2200.  It can produce superb black
& white as well a color.  I wanted to to both without the trouble and
cost of dedicating a separate printer like a Epson 1280 to black &
white using pigment inks.   In addition to the Nikonscan software I
also have SilverFast; however almost all my scanning is done with
VueScan.  I am really disappointed in SilverFast for B&W.  I think
VueScan is one of the great software bargains.

What convinced me to buy the 2200 were the reviews and articles on
color management that are on Michael Reichman's LUMINOUS-LANDSCAPE
website.  Read them before you make a final decision. [
http://www.luminous-landscape.com }  Particularly helpful was the
article on black & white printing with the 2200.

I am also favorably impressed with the low ink consumption of the 2200
in the black & white mode as well as the convenience of the separate
ink cartridges.

David