Subject: Re: [Leica] Stranger #32
From: "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 23:13:38 +0100

From: "Jerry Lehrer" <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 03 July 2003 20:43

> Graham
>
> Nice, but where are the churchyard cats?   Churches in the North
> always have a few to control the mice and voles.
>
> Jerry
>
> GeeBee wrote:
>
> > Don volunteers his labour to look after the churchyard and keep graves
tidy
> > at Hardwick church in Northamptonshire. He has entered Hardwick in the
> > annual competition to find the best kept churchyard.
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/don.html
> >
> > If you want to see how good a job Don is doing you can see his handiwork
in
> > the bottom pic on the link below.
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/irc2.html
> >
> > Strangers Index:
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/strangers.html
> >
> > --Graham

Hi Jerry,

Churchyard cats don't feature much in this area, in fact I can't say I ever
saw one. Maybe birds of prey are keeping the mice and voles under control.
Kestrels in particular are very common and have apparently thrived due to
the hundreds of miles of grassy banks lining the motorways and dual
carriageways. Thanks for looking.

- --Graham

Message from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Stranger #32)