Subject: Re: [Leica] Documentary Photography 2003
From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:13:24 -0700 (PDT)

Excellent letter, George. Good for you (and for all of
us).

Frank, I totally agree with you. Someone does have to
stand up to the bullies of the world, and I will be
first in line. I just won't do it when a gun is being
waved at me and I am not on equal footing.

A month ago I took my daughter to see the Pianist.
Later, as some on this list may recall, I went on a
field trip with her to Washington, D.C. One of the
most poignant sights we visited was the Holocaust
Museum.

The first part of the museum has a movie about the
rise of Naziism. The point that I, my daughter, and
her other 7th grade classmates took from that movie is
that one of the most gruesome chapters of human
history began with very small acts of "bullying". The
escalation of those acts and the final result is a
matter of historical record. The point we all walked
away with is that whenever an injustice is done, it
must be faced and reckoned with and put right.

Your comment that someone must stand up to these
bullies is right on. And that someone is me; it's you;
it's whoever witnesses it and knows it is wrong.
Unfortunately my Country has leaders who believe in
maintaining their power through the great motivators;
fear and greed. I will use my voting power to try to
change that. I will use my legal powers to try to
contain the current assault on personal freedom. I
will use whatever power I have to protect my loved
ones. But I will do it intelligently (as I believe
George has done) and persistently; I don't want to go
out in a "blaze of glory".

Jeeze, what a venting. Man, I'm going to stick to LUG
related items from now on. Sorry for the long vent,
folks; guess I'm just tired of the increasing level of
fear tactics we're all encountering these days.

Bob

- --- frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca>