Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Development question - solution level in horizontal tanks
From: "David M. dorn" <dmdorn_ct_usa@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:29:25 -0400

I have been contemplating using a UniRoller to replace my current
inversion method.  I also use Paterson tanks.

Am I correct in assuming that the tank, when in the horizontal
position, must be filled to the level  of  reel's center core.  It
seems to me that if I don't, then the film on the spiral near the core
will not be adequately covered regardless of the rotation of the tank.
If this is true the using a five reel Paterson to develop 1 roll would
require much more solution than necessary.

David