Subject: RE: [Leica] Documentary Photography 2003
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 11:35:48 -0400

> They man in the truck then leaned out of the
> truck with his revolver in his hand pointed at the ground and said "You
> can't take pictures.  Ill get you arrested."

Did you ask him "for what"?  In the future, though, you may want to go into
the bank (or what ever it is you are photographing) before hand and simply
make contact with someone of "authority" and make them aware of what you are
doing...note I didn't say "ask permission"...

> Was I stepping over any bounderies taking those pictures?  I was on
> public sidewalk at the time.

As far as I am concerned, you were completely within your legal rights to be
taking pictures as you were.  Now, there is some caveat to that in the new
PatRIOT Act, and I'm not sure what it is...and someone else may know.

Austin