Subject: Re: [Leica] Documentary Photography 2003
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 20:22:29 -0700

on 07/01/03 6:55 PM, frank theriault at knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca wrote:

> All of that being said, we just had a horrendous crime happen here in Toronto,
> where a little girl was abducted and murdered within blocks of her house, at
> about 6:30 at night

Yep. A couple years before I started my first photojournalism job there had
been a brutal murder of a young boy by a serial killer/pedophile, and it had
the whole community wired to suspect anyone who might be a threat. Not that
I don't understand, but it did lead to a high level of paranoia beyond what
was necessary for many years.

Still, if it was my kid...

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"One of the things the White House will find is that the nature of Congress
is not to stand up and applaud every time the White House does something."
 -- HOUSE SPEAKER J. DENNIS HASTERT.