Subject: Re: [Leica] Documentary Photography 2003
From: Gary Marklund <Gary@Marklund.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 20:19:04 -0700

On Tuesday 01 July 2003 11:18, George Lottermoser wrote:
> Yesterday I took the afternoon off to see and hear Michelle Shocked perform
> at 5:30pm at Summerfest in Milwaukee, free admission between 1 and 3. While
> waiting for the concert to start, my Leicas tried to find photographs in
> the fountain where children played - the sun beginning to set behind them -
> backlit water - children laughing - lovely to a fault - how to avoid the
> clichés?

I am currently reading a biography of Eduard Steichen. He did much of his very
early photography in Milwaukee, photographing in the parks. The same one,
possibly? The progress we have made in the last 100 years is truly
depressing. At least the world was given Steichen before Milwaukee decided we
don't need him.

Gary

Gary W. Marklund
Peoria, AZ