Subject: RE: [Leica] Documentary Photography 2003
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 18:20:00 -0500

darkroom@ix.netcom.com (Austin Franklin)7/1/03
>I hate to sound litigious after reading such a shameful story, but as
>far as I understand it, legally, the security personnel had no legal right to
>detain you, and you legally could have simply left at any time.
>Otherwise, it is, believe it or not, kidnapping.

Perhaps true. However, it always begins as polite conversation. One must decide at which point one will walk away and off the grounds. Unfortunately, I chose to show him ID, which he took. My one serious mistake. Wonıt be made again.

>Well, legally (again, as far as I know), they have no authority to do
>anything, but, get a policeperson to enforce any laws that you are
>breaking.

Which they did. And so we wait and we wait for the law enforcement rep.

>The ONLY thing they can do is ASK you to do or not do something, and if you fail to comply, they >can ASK you to leave.  You CAN refuse, and then they have to get a police person
>to remove you for trespassing...but if it's public land, then that doesn't
>work as far as I know, as you're not legally trespassing.

Reality: Nuanced variations of all of these events and potentialities were going on, along with personnel changes, which required new conversations with new players, while the fellow with my ID disappeared.

>did...and who will simply go on, doing what they do...with no
>repercussion.

Iım researching the parkıs rules and regs and writing to the local press. Weıll see.

Fond regards,

G e o r g e   L o t t e r m o s e r,    imagist

<€>Peace<€>   <€>Harmony<€>  <€>Stewardship<€>

Presenting effective messages in beautiful ways
                                     since 1975
web	                          <www.imagist.com>
eMail                        george@imagist.com
voice                              262 241 9375
fax                                262 241 9398
                      Lotter Moser & Associates
10050 N Port Washington Rd  -  Mequon, WI 53092