Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica IIIc - Film leader
From: mak@teleport.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 12:05:39 -0700 (PDT)

Blue Moon has some new old stock Japanese leader trimmer templates 503 978 0333 I bought one there about 4 months ago.

Other method is to set shutter to T remove lens load film and advance film while applying GENTLE pressure through film apature gate...keeps film from getting hung up

Like I said I bought a template from BM...

Mark

> Why not load film the easy way...slip one of those very thin plastic
cards like a grocery store discount card (or here in New York a
subway fare card) behind the gate, then drop in and wind on the
untrimmed leader? I learned this on a website (apologies to site
author -- don't remember where, but thanks); and it really works --
no scissors to be confiscated, no wasted time trimming...John