Subject: Re: [Leica] New Holy War--Film Scanners
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 06:52:38 -0700

on 07/01/03 6:27 AM, Tina Manley at images@InfoAve.Net wrote:

> He sent it
> back to Nikon, even though they said there was nothing wrong, and had it
> recalibrated and it works perfectly now.

Hi Tina,

Seems like Nikon does that a lot. Deny there's something wrong, then fixes
it. A friend had that happen with his D100. And another one with a scanner.

And one bought a Nikon LS 4000ED gray market (now there's a loaded topic!)
that was broken right out of the box, and Nikon US, Mexico or Canada will
not fix it. And he's having trouble for the past nine months finding someone
who will fix it. I guess it would be easier, but he's trying to get the
company that sold it to him (a New York vendor that I would have told him to
avoid at all costs) refuses to do anything about it, even though charging
him for a warranty. He's learned his lesson.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- - Galileo Galilei