Subject: RE:Re: [Leica] Slide mounts/scanner feeders/workflow
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:39:37 +0200

Has anyone heard rumors about an update to the 1Ds?

- - --Jim

Hi Jim

It seems, unfortunately, that this list has became the " I went from
Leica to digital..." but things are that they are not what we wish...
I've been last week in a professional Canon meeting, where they
presented the next twelve months digital offers, see: "only" digital,
and after the presentation I asked the main head of Canon Spain about
next DSLR launching. He gave me some information that unfortunately is
under embargo concerning a "true" consumer DSLR (under 1.5 k $ with a
zoom)but nothing, I repeat, nothing about changes in the EOS 1Ds except
for their inability for fulfilling the demand (including pros from
medium format ). Up to now there were three months of delay but right
now they are delivering very quick.

So the investment seems (for a year which it's a lot in digital arena)
remain safe. No manufacturer can expect we are changing 8K $ cameras
every year!

For a spiritual compensation I promise to take out my M7 next week and
shoot film, probably I'll even try to learn with b&w and cityscapes!

Kind regards

Felix

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: RE:Re: [Leica] Slide mounts/scanner feeders/workflow)