Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc - First RF?
From: "Steve LeHuray" <steve@streetphoto.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 13:09:26 -0400

> Hello all, I'm new to this list.
>
> I haven't used a rangefinder before, and so far, the only two cameras I
> have and use are a Nikon FE and a Minox 35. I shoot mainly street, or so
> I would like to think.
>
> I'd like to ask if it would be worthwhile getting a Leica IIIc, as a
> user, as a step towards one of the M's later on. I was also considering
> a Bessa R, but the noise from it kind of puts me off. What do I have to
> look out for when getting a IIIc from say, eBay, and also, would anyone
> have any suggestions or comments to add about my choice (say in terms of
> ease-of-use, ergonomics, etc.)?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Justin

Justin -- I see you have already had some good advice from other list
members, I can only add that I am mainly a M user but also have a 111c which
is a joy to use (and I do use it regularily). Yes at first it is awkward to
load but after about six rolls loading becomes second nature, the more you
do it the easier it becomes. The little squinty focusing window also seems
funny, but with its lifesize image and the adjustable diopter this is easy
to use. On mine I always use a auxilliary finder which gives a very bright
image.

Try Sam Shoshan at Classic Connection, he is honest and always has a large
selection of Leica ltm gear:

http://www.classicconnection.com/frame_inventory.htm

Good luck,

sl