Subject: RE: [Leica] R8/R9 Digital Back announced
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:39:24 -0400

Hi,

As was explained by Aaron, it's the angle of the light that is the problem.
Film has no depth to it, it is planar...light can hit it, say, up to 45
degrees with minimal degradation.  Digital sensors have depth (specifically
well depth), and the sensor is buried in a little "tunnel".  The get
progressively cut-off in it's ability to get to the sensor based on an
increase in angle off the perpendicular axis of the sensor plane.

Austin