Subject: RE: Re: [Leica] R8/R9 Digital Back announced
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:05:52 -0400

There is one thing I don't get in all this - If the rear lens element
must be further from the digital sensor than it must be from the film
plane of the Leica M, and if what we're talking about is creating the
same sort of Digoflex for the M that Leica is creating for the R, why
can't this Digoflex simply consist of a bottom and back unit similar to
that being created for the R, with the sensor mounted at the correct
distance from the lens rear element?