Subject: RE: [Leica] R8/R9 Digital Back announced
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 23:32:11 +0200

>For those who want to use their existing wide-angle lenses the
full-frame >issue is important, but OTOH if I had a choice between a
'full frame' 11 MP >camera with a 400mm f/2.8 and a hypothetical 11 MP
camera with a smaller >sensor allowing me to use a 300mm f/2.8 for the
same ange of view as the >'full frame' camera, guess which I'll choose.
Do we have any reason to >believe that the R8/R9 digital back won't
produce gorgeous images?

Doug

I believe

1- You'll produce gorgeous images whatever camera you choose.
2- There is not such a choice, as EOS 1Ds -that, yes, produce gorgeous
incredible images- is now right here and the R digital back is just a
project.

Kind regards

Felix