Subject: [Leica] 24mm for sale...
From: David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:48:56 -0700

For Sale:   Tamron 24mm f/2.5 lens.

This remarkably sharp lens is 14 months old, but has been rarely used.
Condition - virtually as new. (It was an insurance replacement for a
damaged one that had served me well for many years.)

Complete with box, caps and all papers.  US $165 including AdaptAll mount
for 'R' series. Shipped anywhere, at cost.

Here's the catch...

The AdaptAll mount, as manufactured, does not work with the R8. In fact, it
jams!  So, I modified it to work on the R8, which it does, perfectly - at
least, in Aperture preferred mode, the only one I use.

However,  although it meters perfectly but does not display the f stop in
the viewfinder!  (The cam follower is too wide, and acts  as a "null cam",
shutting down the R8's f-stop display.) I do not know how (if) it works in
other modes, but on the R6 it works perfectly.

Sorry, but I do not know how it works on other 'R' models, in it's modified
state.

Of course, simply replace the mount [about US$ 65 @ B&H or £25 at Andrews
Cameras (UK)] and it will work properly with any R3 through R7!  Doing this
will still make your total cost less than the best discount price (that I
have found) on the lens without mount!  (And, you'll save the taxes, to boot!)

If you have questions, please contact me, off list.

Thanks for reading.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité and Beaujolais.

Website at: www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr