Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Back - I like the first step!
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:24:33 -0700 (PDT)

Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com> wrote:

> What I find bizarre is that Leica as a company choose to
> pursue an overpriced, outdated technology, for a minimal
> market, without actually offering any benefit over
> competitors of any kind -- except, of course, a red roundel.

How about a decent viewfinder?  Manual focus is a lot easier with a viewfinder optimized for it, and AF fails often enough that I consider good manual focus a big deal.  The R8's viewfinder is among the best ever made for a 35mm SLR, almost as good as the SL's viewfinder, and I'm not interested in sacrificing viewfinder quality for the sake of convenience or economy (been there, bought the SL back).

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com