Subject: RE: [Leica] R8/R9 Digital Back announced
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:21:19 -0400

No, of course not. But I do find it extremely amusing that Leica is now
saying that a 10 mgp 1.4x sensor is going to produce images equal in
quality to 35 mm Leica film images. AND, how many images a year are you
going to take with a 600 mm lens - as compared to how many images a year
you have been taking with a 300? Don't forget, in terms of digital,
that's not a 300-600 - it's nothing but a 600. Which may be great for
Doug Herr's professional shooting, or for those of you who are
professional sports shooter. But for the rest of us, having  much loved
85 or 90 turned into a 125 or 130 is a royal pain in the ass. If I had
wanted a 135 I would have bought it. ;-)

B. D.