Subject: RE: [Leica] R8/R9 Digital Back announced
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:19:24 -0400

Eric,

> I was a film fan and doubted digital would match it any time soon. But
> having used a six mp camera for almost a year now, I have to say I can't
> imagine film offering most people a compelling reason to put up with it's
> down side (grain, lack of white balance, processing, expense).

I can't imagine anyone putting up with a little 6M pixel Bayer pattern
sensor!

Austin

P.S. White balance?  Parlez-vous SCANNER?  Er, expense?  I can buy a LOT of
film and processing for $5000!

P.P.S. If you're Mr. Digi now, then why are you on a Leica list that is
primarily for film camera users, and little Leica re-branded P&S digicams?