Subject: Re: [Leica] R8/R9 Digital Back announced
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:07:46 -0700 (PDT)

Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Then why announce a tentative product so far in advance?
>
> Sound almost like Boeing announcing a plane that they will,
> may, might be, won't be building.

This question was asked during the press conference.  The answer Leica gave was that they wanted R users to know that digital capture is on the horizon.  In my software development work the final product is never exactly like the original concept.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com