Subject: Re: [Leica] Archival digiital printing
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:59:57 +1000

My initial response to this is one I've been "looking" at, but will
have to have a "life-change" to try: Devere, the enlarger maker has a
digital enlarger, designed to project digital files in the darkroom
onto normal paper: the system is set up for colour -- everything is,
but I do not see why it would not work if projected onto that fibre
based paper you dream about, and still allow you to do all the washing
and toning ;-) The  "only" hitch is for me, I don't have a good enough
film scanner ($8000AUD) and I don't have the Devere Digital enlarger (a
cool $50-60 thousand AUD ie $25 - $30 k american!!!!)