Subject: Re: cell phones (WAS: [Leica] Digital usage)
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:06:49 -0700

On 2003-06-24 nathanw@bluewin.ch (Nathan Wajsman (private)) thoughtfully
wrote:

>We are four people in my household and have at any given time at least
4
>cellphones. During the past 8 years we have worn out and hence replaced
>several of them (like most small objects carried around in pockets,
they
>are liable to take a tumble to the ground occasionally). The past
>several purchases have required no reading of the manual at all to get
>them working. Granted, we have no camera phones, just plain Nokia
phones
>of various flavors, designed for the killer application of mobile
>telephone--talking.

Of course you have already "mounted the learning curve" for the
paricular manufacturer's paradyme. I suspect the first one was a bit
more challenging.

But as more features are added the complexity increases and the keypad
user-interface and the tiny screen get seriously in the way.

However in a well-designed "family" of products they should all work in
much the same manner so once you have gotten over the first hurdle then
the next shouldn't be a hassel.

Adam