Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 24: a ride to Koblenz
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:12:14 -0400

I love it; it almost looks like aliens put it together.  Good use of
color.

Did you see the field of lawn jockeys outside of Koblenz?  I was
driving through, and there were something like 100 of them, in a 10x10
pattern.  Weird stuff.

Cheers
Dante

On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 10:29  AM, Nathan Wajsman (private) wrote:

> Thanks Daniel! You are indeed correct, it was tempting to stop every
> 10 km but I had to remind myself that I did want to get to Koblenz
> (500 km on the first day) before it got too much beyond 10 pm.
>
> I look forward to your Midsummer pictures. For the non-Scandinavians,
> this is something quite special, especially in Sweden and Finland.
> This is the time of year that the people get rewarded for putting up
> with permanent dusk in the winter months.
>
> Nathan
>
> Daniel Ridings wrote:
>> Nathan,
>> Many thanks for this little tour. I'm amazed that you were able to
>> make
>> the trip in two days. It must have been tempting to just keep
>> stopping and
>> take some pictures.
>> It's difficult to say if I prefer the one shot over the other. The
>> main
>> was a clear winner but the set taken as a whole with your narrative
>> text
>> was very enjoyable.
>> Today is midsummer in Sweden and you, with a Danish background, know
>> what
>> Swedish midsummers are like. I hope I can put a narrative the same
>> class
>> as yours together.
>> Take care!
>> Daniel
>> On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Nathan Wajsman (private) wrote:
>>> On June 9th and 10th I drove my motorcycle from Zurich to the
>>> Netherlands and left it with a friend there. This is my first
>>> possession
>>> to move from Switzerland, the rest is to follow in a couple of weeks.
>>> Riding 850 km in one day is not my idea of fun, so I split the trip
>>> over
>>> two days, spending the night in Koblenz, one of my favourite cities
>>> in
>>> Germany. As always with a motorcycle ride, getting there was half the