Subject: Re: [Leica] Film is Archival
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:37:06 -0700

on 06/21/03 10:21 PM, Brian Reid at reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

> TDK CD-R74P is guaranteed to last 100 years. I'm not sure (a) how they tested
> that, or (b) how they will make good on the guarantee.

The same way they test and guarantee archival quality of film. They're
educated guesses either way.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

....manipulation of pictures. I think it's an abomination. I reject it all.
I mean, it's OK for selling corn flakes or automobiles or for taking pimples
out of Elizabeth Taylor's face, but it undermines the thing that photography
is about...
- - Elliott Erwitt