Subject: [Leica] Re: Film is Archival
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 05:44:20 -0500

B.D.:

>Uh, hello? All of this discussion of archival media is fascinating, but
>would anyone on this list of hobbyists and working pros care to tell us
>what loss it would be to the world if some of our images faded a bit or
>just plain disappeared?

To the world?  Nah...I'm not quite that vain.

To my family?  I'd hope quite a bit.

I'd love to be able to get my hands on well preserved B&W negatives of my
early childhood.  Or of my parents when they were younger.

That I'm creating archival negatives is most likely of no consequence or
concern to anybody other than my family.  I'm having fun doing it, and
leaving a present whose worth can't be measured in dollars and cents.

Back in college, I created a series of pictures of my dad's dad.  Those are
the best pictures I have of him.  Wish I had done the same with my other
grandparents.  It's why I ignore my mom when she says she doesn't like to
have her picture taken.  :)

Eric

Message from "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] Film is Archival)