Subject: Re: [Leica] HCB Did It All First
From: Slobodan Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:15:34 -0700

I wouldn't go so far that he originated the visual syntax for 35mm. I
think a little jaunt down history's memory lane could just show other
wise. I look at a lot of work, in the original as often as possible, and
no I can't say that I missed much in his presentation, style, content
analysis, what ever....
But then, this all rather subjective. For myself, I get considerably
more from being in the presence of the portraiture of the Roman Republic
than from HCB.
Slobodan Dimitrov