Subject: [Leica] Re: Where I see it - Film still King!
From: Jack Milton <jmilton2@maine.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:29:41 -0400

Personal experience:
  Our newspaper has a staff of seven plus three part-timers. The only
film we've shot in three years was by one photographer who went to a
remote country where he could not be sure of having electricity to
recharge batteries. He now knows it could have been done. For us, and
every other wire and news photographer I've seen, it's all digital.
  For my personal use, I should be realistic and sell my Leicas while
they still have considerable value, as one of my colleagues recently
did to finance a D1X. I hold out hope for a digital M. I'd pay a lot of
money for such a camera.

>> ALL the pros I know - about 10 Boston Globe shooters,
>> 5 or so studio folks, a dozen Nature and Wildlife folks,
>> Documentary etc. etc still shoot film

Jack Milton
http://home.maine.rr.com/jackmilton