Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] Zenitar 16mm fisheye
From: "Christian Dr. Bührle" <cpbuehrle@web.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:16:36 +0200

leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us schrieb am 19.06.03 01:46:29:

I fully agree on fit and finish: However, without optical bench and the like it is very hard to give more than an educated opinion about a fisheye's performance. So I scanned a bunch of shots taken with either the Zenitar or my old 1:2.8/16 mm Sigma. Even when closely examining them at the edges, there was no noticeable difference in definition. As this is no regular lens test by anyone's standards, I would only venture to say that the Zenitar is less flare-prone than the Sigma, which is certainly no bad performer.

Apart from being dirt cheap, the Zenitar is much smaller and lighter than e. g. the Sigma or the Byelorussian 2.8/17 mm Peleng.  Thus, I can only highly recommend it.

If you're looking for a 'circular' fisheye, go for the Byelorussian Peleng 2.8/8 mm (available in M42 and Nikon mount)

Chris