Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica standard (1932) valuation
From: mak@teleport.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:03:06 -0700 (PDT)

Price guesses...remember McKeown's Law...Leica Catalogue is fill of people asking more but here is what that auction site says....

Elmar user $75-125 how bad is fungi

Fokos?

case $20

MC Meter $25

Standard USER Black  $250 perhaps more

> I just received a box of some old Leica stuff that an elderly family
friend, whose father bought the camera in or near Wetzlar in 1932,
wants me to deal with.

It includes a Leica standard, SN 102--- (I can't quite make out the
rest as it is under a shim that has been attached under the accessory
shoe to raise said shoe). Shutter seems OK, even though it probably
hasn't been used in 25 years and never been CLA'd. 60% of all the
edges have brass showing through the black paint. No dings. Tiny bit
of vulcanite in one corner missing.

Leather ER case in reasonable but well used condition.

A nickel, uncoated Elmar #152180, tiny spot of fungus on the inside
on one surface, otherwise EXC

A chrome FOKOS rangefinder, EXC+

Chrome Leicameter MC (in worn original box) with ding in one corner,
but seems to work accurately.

Gossen Sixtus meter in leather case which shows some life in the
cell, but not really functional.

Could anybody here give me an idea what these things are worth? I
will probably be selling these items for her, and I would like to get
a fair value.

I just put some film in it to try it out.

Thanks.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design