Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital usage
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 22:23:08 -0600

A fellow Lugger and heavy duty garage sale fanatic here in our small
northern town noticed and interesting trend this summer - significant
numbers of good quality point and shoots turning up regularly - these aren't
your 1970's or 80's Canonets etc. Fairly recent models (of which I
understand he has a nice collection now...) Your average mum, dad and 2.2
kids is rapidly dumping film and getting a digital p&s. Our only real high
street photo lab/stock a few cameras store has also gone to digital output.
Indeed, one long time hard core Leica user (SL, R6) here was so wowed with
the nice new Nikon mid range digi his wife took on a recent trip to New
Zealand, it sounds like his Leica's spending much more of their time in the
cupboard (that even after renting a Leitz 300mm 2.8 to take with him for the
trip....)

tim