Subject: Re: [Leica] The Sling...
From: "Erik van der Meulen" <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:31:33 +0200 (CEST)

tripspud said:

> I'm going to buy one, the Sling that is.
>
>      Other Luggers use this accessory care to comment?

Well - I have mine on my M6 for about a month now and I have grown to like it! At
first the fit around my fingers felt a little loose and allowed the camera to
'dangle' a little when not held in the hand. I think now I have become used to that.
I am pleased with the ability to use the right hand (at least to some extent)
without having to put the camera down all the time. Also, it is just a lot more
'ready for action' than when it is around my neck.

The thing I am still struggling with to some degree, is the other accessory that I
ordered; the Hook. From the reactions to this post I have learned that people use
the Sling with the attached shoulder strap. To me that (at least partly) defies the
benefit of the Sling. On the other hand, when carrying the camera with the Hook
connected to the shoulder strap (diagonally across the chest as prescribed), I find
that the camera dangles quite a bit. I have not quite accustomed myself to that, nor
have I found an adequate way to prevent it from happening.

Any other comments/suggestions to this? Much appreciated!

- --
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>