Subject: Now Velvia100F (RE: [Leica] replace supra with ___?)
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:02:32 -0600

> The Velvia 100 is an addition to the 50 for saturated colours, not a
> replacement for the Provia 100F.
>
> Here is a link to  Velvia 100 image:
>
> http://www.leica-camera.com/discus_e/messages/11/23392.html?1055383380

Also the new Astia 100F - both of which are supposed to have the "4th layer"
technology from their print film for dealing with mixed lighting.

There is a review of the Velvia on the luminous landscape site.

I just got a sample box of Velvia 100F 4x5 to try and 2 rolls of Astia 100F
120 (astia is my most used 4x5 and 8x10 film for both architecture and
landscapes. If the 4th layer stuff in any way works it will be a boon + it
seems like they are at least going to keep making Astia).

This courtesy of the nice, laid back folks at Fuji Iceland - yes, Iceland.
Fuji Canada is totally useless they won't even import Astia or 4x5
Quckloads. As for samples - double useless. I'd rather buy from the US (or
Iceland...)

Not sure about other sizes, but the sheet film isn't due in N America until
Fall.

tim