Subject: [Leica] replace supra with ___?
From: "Mark J. Rosen" <mjr@grok.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:54:49 -0400

I've been using kodak supra 100 and 400 for a while now, and I stil have a
dozen rolls or so of each in the refrigerator.  I've gotten good results
with Reala, though on overcast days it's not particularly satisfying.  The
supra 100 was my regular film, and with its recent demise, I'm not sure what
to replace it with as my standard 100 speed film.  I've tried the Portra
160vc, but found it much grainier than the supra.  I saw a box of Fuji Press
100 in my local camera store, but I didn't even know they made it in that
speed.  Anybody try this film?  Any other recommendations?

As for 400 speed, I mainly used the supra, but I've also tried both Portra
400vc and 400nc with mixed results.  I still like the supra better.  I
haven't yet tried the Fuji Press 400.  Anyone like to comment on this film,
in terms of grain, saturation, contrast, suitability for sunny and/or
cloudy, etc.

In the meantime, I'm trying to save the supra I have for important events
where I know I'd want to use it.  But I need to find a new mainstay soon.
Really soon.

On the slide front, I read recently about Fuji coming out with Velvia 100F.
Is this supposed to replace the 50, or replace the Provia 100F, or just be
an additional, but faster, velvia?

Thanks for any help.

Mark

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] replace supra with ___?)