Subject: Re: [Leica] gyro stabilizer for R8?
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 19:51:02 -0700

on 06/15/03 6:39 PM, Ted Grant at tedgrant@shaw.ca wrote:

> So how about it LUGNUTS? Anyone out there ever used one and how well do they
> work? If you have?
> Thanks,
> ted

Howdy Ted!

These are very popular with photojournalists and are relatively affordable.
I think B+H might sell them. But you can definitely get them from this
company. They are the best there is if you ask me.

http://www.ken-lab.com/

Here's a place that rents them (might as well buy the one above if you want
one for more than a couple days).

http://www.pro-gpi.com/rentgpi.htm

This wins the prize for super cool! (If you can afford your own tiny
helicopter.)

http://www.rcwhirlybird.com/rcwhirlybird/site.html

If this can't hold your rig, nothing can: (they rent)

http://www.peaceriverstudios.com/14_gyro/gpmain.html
- --
Eric
Carlsbad, CA

"The ropes are heaved, down come the statues.  .  .  .  They're dragging
Sejanus along by a hook in public.  Everyone cheers, `Just look at that ugly
face.'  `Believe me I never cared for that fellow.'  `But .  .  .  (w)ho
brought the charges, who gave the evidence?  How did they prove him guilty?'
`Nothing like that: a letter arrived from (the emperor Tiberius) at Capri.'
`Fair enough: you need say no more.'  " (Juvenal)