Subject: Re: [Leica] CNY LUG
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 21:43:29 -0400

One obvious thought that came to me while standing on line at the store
to get my camera checked was that there were at least 10 people who
where there at the same time.  All with Leicas - so why wouldn't this
be the nidus of a group?  Quick and elitist answer is that for some
bizarre reason I look for people that are here on the LUG - meaning
that if they can put up with all this weirdness then they probably have
what it takes to actually meet in person.

One example - there was a guy who was checking out the new MP and he
literally had a shit fit because there was a smudge on the viewfinder
window - how do you expect people to use this camera like this?,  who's
checking these units before they are put our for the public to look at
?  That guy wouldn't last two minutes on the list.  Anyway the nidus so
far is Carl and myself and any others that can stomach us.

ernie