Subject: Re: [Leica] Some may find this of interest
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 15:31:19 -0400

>Because it's such a titilating subject and in our sexually repressive
society, facts
>can often get lost in the way of scandal.

> What is obvious is that a 19 year young women is dead.  And that is a
> tragedy.
> -Kim

I believe Mr. Shell is presumed innocent until proven guilty.  That fact
that
Shell resides in a very conservative area of the state of Virginia that
I personally know all too well (and couldn't wait to get out of as a young
adult), the fact that he took photos of nude women, that he is alleged to
have engaged in sexual acts with someone less than half his age, means he is
facing an uphill battle whether he is innocent or guilty of any legal
wrongdoing.  In an age of alarming intolerance where a person can be
arrested for wearing a t-shirt displaying the message "Give Peace a Chance"
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/shirtmail1.html
(I was reading this article when I first received the email about Shell)
my hope is Shell can see some fair play in the court of public opinion
as well as in the legal system.  If Shell is found guilty of wrongdoing he
will feel the full brunt of the law.  If cleared of charges or if found
innocent
by the legal system, it's likely his reputation has taken a hit that he will
have
a very hard time with. There is no meaningful purpose to hearsay
speculation,
rather our thoughts and prayers should be with the family of the young woman
and with Mr. Shell.

Gary