Subject: RE: [Leica] New Nikon Lens Mount
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:19:57 -0400

Right. As I said; I've heard the opposite. In fact, I've heard that
Nikon is putting all their emphasis NOT on increasing mgp count, but
rather on improving all the electronic, functionality issues - quicker
capture, longer battery life, etc. etc., and on producing a line of new,
smaller/lighter "digital" lenses.

The bottom line here is that for PJ pro use, the current sensors are
plenty big enough in terms of resolution. And that goes doubly for am
use.

Yes, the Canon D1s is pretty amazing - but it also creates amazingly
large files, which are not really suited to situations where
photographers need to shoot fast and store large numbers of shots - it's
a wedding/portrait/commercial/art camera.

B. D.