Subject: RE: [Leica] Parasites and the so called "third world' - way OT
From: John Bohner <johnbohner@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:55:00 -0700

Tina, Jim et al.

The talk of these hideous parasitic diseases makes even this lurker uneasy.
 It interesting how our sense of fear/discomfort is biased towards making
physical risk taking "okay" but biological very "euwweeeuuu ech get it off
me" not okay.  A recent TV special on National Geographic focused on risk
taking by photographers.  The show was nearly all about the risk of fire,
drowning, falls etcetera.  They left out the real risk of these parasites.
Guess it makes for bad TV
Thanks for reminding me that TV is not the real world. Hope I can sleep
tonight!
John Bohner