Subject: RE: [Leica] 15 super elmar V 21-35 Vario
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:28:53 +0200

>Way to go Alastair!!! :-) I love that 15mm, it's one of my work horse
>lenses on location or inside shooting interiors.

>Here it illustrates it's beauty in capturing what you other wise could
not >unless you had a 15.... or wider. This is the lens that keeps the
competion >out of the ball park unles they have one also. A very nice
photograph, well >done.

>And using the 21-35 illustrates to Luggers why they should have a 15 in
>their back pocket just in case they need a " really really wide angle!"
;-) >And if someone needs one for an M camera nothing wrong with the C-V
15 as >it's a piece of cake to pop in place and blaze away. ted

Ted

I cannot agree more! I regularly use the 21-35, outstanding zoom, and
I'm found of true extreme wides (Nikon 15mm, Canon 14 and 15mm, Carl
Zeiss Hologon 16mm and Voigtländer, beg your pardon Cosina, 12mm
Heliar).

That dramatic point of view, that large architectural capture capability
make them very attractive in my humble opinion! The only issues are to
care the composition, near objects are so much bigger than distant ones,
and a true respect to strict uprightness!

Not lenses for everybody but once you get them a true source of
pleasure!

Kind regards

Felix