Subject: Re: [Leica] It looks much better on the print, honest.
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:43:42 +1000

Neil,
I think you can see the effort even in this small scale web image. I
personally think the image would be stronger if the foreground pillar
was not included. I often include a foreground in my images similar to
this, and usually find I should not have. A step to the right or two
closer would have made the image stronger  -- depending on what's
behind the pillars.

I've just spent 3 days doing the same: but wouldn't it be a let down if
the image looked "better" on the web?? My final shot of Horse shoe bend
looks so much better than these first prints, but the image is too
large to fit on my scanner.

Cheers