Subject: [Leica] Leica 135mm APO Telyt
From: Robert Clark <rclark01@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 11:33:53 -0400

Last fall, I purchased a 2.8 Elmarit 90mm lens and have really enjoyed
using it on my M6TTL .72.  I like the size, the lens hood, the weight,
and the sharpness of its pictures.  Before getting an M6, I used an SLR
and grew to enjoy the zoom/telephoto lenses but my desire to have an M6
was greater than keeping the old SLR.  After spending a great deal of
time using the 90mm, I find myself thinking about a 135mm.  I switch
framelines from time to time just to see what the 135 framing of a
potential shot would be and quite frankly, I like what I see.  I like
taking pictures of people or events from a distance but not enought to
get another SLR for lenses beyond 135.  What's the general thinking on
the 135 focal length for the M line and/or the 135 3.4 Telyt?  Have many
luggers out there used it and I'm wondering what your thoughts are on
the lens.  Currently, I have a 35mm Summicron ASPH, 50mm Summilux, and
the 90.

Robert Clark
Lancaster, PA

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica 135mm APO Telyt)