Subject: [Leica] Gotta Love those R Ultawides!
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 20:26:54 -0400

Gary-
    No - I personally have not used it. I HAVE seen the results from it
however, as a friend shoots Contax. It's VERY good as you say. However, I
think where the Leica may beat it out is at full aperture, and freedom from
flare and distortion at that point. Stop each down once, and the difference
may be slight. The Leica color rendition seems cooler; more true to life
with non saturated (Ektachrome G like) type films.
    Can you borrow or rent a 19? I'd bet the proverbial farm that you'll
love it!! It was the great performance of that 19 that pulled me toward the
15 SA Elmarit. It as well, cannot be outclassed by anything else I have seen
- - not even close. Trust me, and David (who posted elsewhere),  - it's a
great lens :-)
    Ed