Subject: [Leica] Re: R8 light leak?
From: David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 08:18:19 -0700

Gerry, Jerry, Joe, K.G. and any others I might have missed...

Thanks for your insights...

I suspect the light is coming from the mirror box side, as the
'banding'  does not go into the perforation area of the film, but is neatly
cut off by the film gate!

A failed seal in the back was a problem with my old R5 - but those streaks
continued into the edge (perf) strips.

It appears to be caused during transport, and so I will make a few more
experiments.

Meanwhile, I have emailed Leica,NJ, to find out where to send the camera,
as the Canadian Leica distributor has recently gone under.  Thank heavens
for a 5 year warranty!

I guess my major question is why the streaks are red, rather than white....

Thank you all, for your thoughts and suggestions, both on and off list.

Best,

David.

David Young,     | Libertè, egalitè,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternitè, et beaujolais.

Website at: www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr

Message from Joe Leung <jcyleung8@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] R8 light leak?)